The BRS Publications Committee is looking for contemporary (last two years) photographs for the outside and inside front back covers of the 2019 edition of the Canadian Trackside Guide.
The Committee’s preference for the outside front cover is a striking colour slide or high-resolution digital image (tif or jpeg format) of a current “Canadian locomotive or train in a vertical format”, or a horizontal image that would, with cropping, lend to a vertical format measuring 5-1/2 x 8-1/2”. Preference for the inside covers and the back cover is for horizontal images of current Canadian locomotives or railway equipment.
At a minimum, please include locomotive type, equipment number(s), date and place of photo and any other information relevant to the subject matter.
Photographic categories are:
- Class 1 Locomotives
- Industrial and Shortline Locomotives
- VIA Rail Locomotives and Passenger Equipment
- Traction/Preserved Equipment
- Work Equipment
Please submit entries no later than December 15, 2018, by one of two methods
- “Cover Contest”, Bytown Railway Society, PO Box 47076, Ottawa Ontario, K1B 5P9. Please submit digital images on a CD or USB flash drive, or
- Via email to tsg at bytownrailwaysociety dot ca . There is a limit of 25 entries per contributor. Ensure all entries are identified as to: category, location, date, photographer, as well as the name and address of the sender. Upon request, submitted materials will be returned.