Summarized below are equipment work highlights for 2016 extracted from our detailed equipment restoration reports available on our DHC Blog
Pontiac HyRail #26 Work
- Car is currently stored off-site in a climate controlled storage facility. This was necessary to make room to museum renovations/material stored in shop. No work was done on the vehicle this year.
Passenger Car #4977 Work
- B-side exterior metal work completed. A-side exterior metal work started.
- B-side entrance floor replaced.
- Window frames repairs in Snack Bar completed
- EPDM installed on entire roof.
- Interior panelling stripped down to original mahogany.
TNVR #10 Work
- Engine #1 now running properly.
CP 6200 Work
- New Number board installed on head-end.
- Feed Water Heater needle-gunned and primed. Template for sheet metal jacket started.
- Measurements taken for cosmetic windows.
- CP transition era maple leaf monogram installed on both sides of tender.
- Fuel and water data applied to the rear of tender.